e.g.: He said he was busy, which was not true.
We don’t want to enter the house, which is very cold.
e.g.: The room of which windows are opposite to the room is large.
The chair in which you are sitting is made of iron.
e.g.: All that you need is help. 你所需要的是帮助。
A lot of things and children that are full of the car were lost in the district.
That is only thing that I want to know.
The last book that you bought is that I wanted to buy.
What is the size of the largest map that you have seen before?
e.g.: They don’t like that person who is noisy.
e.g.: They don’t like that person, who is noisy.
1. The bridge was named __ the hero who gave his life for the cause of the people.
A after B with C by D from
2. There were no tickets __ for Friday’s performance.
A preferable B considerable C possible D available
3. __ the Revolutionary War, the United States was an English colony.
A Inferior to B Superior to C Prior to D Preferable to
4. Cancer is second only __ heart disease as a cause of death.
A of B to C with D from
5. It wasn't such a good dinner __ she had promised us.
A that B which C as D what
6. American women were __ the right to vote until 1920 after many years of hard struggle.
A ignored B neglected C refused D denied
7. They decided to chase the cow away __ it did more damage.
A unless B until C before D although
8. __ student with a little common sense should be able to answer the question.
A Each B Any C Either D One
9. The medicine is on sale everywhere. You can get it at __ chemist’s.
A each B some C any D certain
10. All __ is a continuous supply of the basic necessities of life.
A what is needed B for our needs C the thing needed D that is needed
11. __ with the size of the whole earth, the highest mountain does not seem high at all.
A When compared B Compare C While comparing D Comparing
12. After __ for the job, you will be required to take a language test.
A being interviewed B interviewed C interviewing D having interviewed